This is such a delicious salad that i made for Hungry TV. It spices up all your left over vegetables and cranberry sauce into something fresh and delicious. I hope you love it!
2 tablespoons blanched, skinned almonds
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
2 teaspoons coriander seeds
8 ounces Halloumi, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup cranberry sauce
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon water
Pinch of chili powder
1 1/2 cups roasted vegetables such as carrots, red onions, fennel and brussel sprouts
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 sprig mint leaves, for garnish
1. Heat a small sauté pan over medium heat and toast the almonds, cumin and coriander for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Transfer to a spice grinder or food processor and grind into a course powder.
2. Place sliced Halloumi on a cutting board and sprinkle both sides of the cheese with the spice blend, patting it down into each side.
3. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the Halloumi and cook 1-2 minutes per side, until the cheese is golden and softened.
4. In a small bowl whisk together the cranberry sauce, lemon juice, water, and chili powder.
5. In a large bowl combine the roasted vegetables, cherry tomatoes, and half of the cranberry dressing. Transfer to a serving platter and top with Halloumi cheese, the remaining dressing and garnish with mint leaves.
– All thoughts and spelling mistakes are mine –